last updated: 8/9/18 Please Note: Guild meeting dates will NOT move, however locations will vary. Scroll down to see the year’s events in chronological order. Please check back here, as well as in your email, on our Instagram, and/or Facebook page to make sure you have the correct location each month. See you there!
January 11, Guild meeting at Old Worthington Library, 6:30PM
- demo on how to cut a fat 1/8th
- color of the year fabric swap and challenge announcement
- bring your favorite quilt or current project for show and tell
- Nadia is collecting her Hound’s Tooth bee blocks
- bring payment for 2018 dues, $35
February 4, Officer meeting, 4:00-6:00PM Clintonville Panera
February 8, Guild meeting at Old Worthington Library, 6:30PM
- Randa is collecting her Wanta Fanta bee blocks
- reminder to pay 2018 dues of $35
- vote on this year’s fundraising quilt
- Ashley’s introduction to Name Tag Swap
- JoAnn’s project presentation and new quilt tools demo
- Fat 1/8th fabric swap
February 9, COMQG charity quilt is due to QuiltCon
February 20, Fundraising Committee meeting
February 22, QuiltCon viewing party and/or Sew In 10AM-2:30PM, Lissa’s home
February 24, Social Sew In 2-6PM CML Northern Lights Library
- refreshments provided
- come for all or part of the time
- bring whatever project you’d like to work on
March 1, Officer meeting, 6:30PM, Bexley Panera
March 8, Guild meeting at Columbus Metropolitan Library, Karl Road, 6:30PM
- Bring in your Guild color of the year challenge submission
- Kayla’s bee blocks will be collected
- Rope bowl making demo with Angi
- Vote on fundraising quilt color scheme
- Vote on future guest lecture/workshop programming
March 15, 2018 – Yearly Membership Dues Were To Be Paid By This Date
- You may pay in person via cash or check, and online via PayPal. If paying with PayPal, please write your name and “dues” in the description to help us keep track. email@example.com is the email associated with the account.
March 29, Officer meeting, 6:30PM, Aladdin’s, Worthington Mall, N. High Street
March 31, Fundraising Committee Sew In, Old Worthington Library 10AM-1PM
- Bring your sewing machine, travel sewing kit, and maybe an iron/board, cut mat/rotary. We have the room until 1PM, so bring a personal project, too. The fundraising sewing is not expected to take up all three hours.
April 7, Stitching Sisters, Contact Lissa if you plan to attend; More info. here
April 12, Guild meeting at Old Worthington Library, 6:30PM
- Name Tag Lanyard Swap is due
- Panel of local quilt shop owners will present to the group; Dabble & Stitch and Sew To Speak.
- Cynthia will collect her bee blocks
April 15, Charity Sew In, Columbus Metropolitan Library, Whitehall, 1-5PM
April 22, Riley Blake challenge submission is due to Modern Quilt Guild
April 29 – June 17, consider visiting this modern quilt exhibit in Athens, Ohio.
May 10, Guild meeting at Old Worthington Library, 6:30PM
- Turn in Donna’s bee blocks; Marah will pass out fabrics for her June block.
- Garage Sale! Clean your sewing stash(es), and bring the fabrics and notions you are no longer feeling inspired by to swap at this meeting.
- Begin to discuss QuiltCon, make sure you can log-in and receive all emails w/ MQG
- Charity placement challenge presentation
May 17, Handwork Happy Hour, 6-9PM, Wolf’s Ridge Brewing Tap Room
- Ashley and Nadia will lead interested attendees in making an Ice Cream Soda block
- Feel free to bring your own hand sewing project
June 8 Officer meeting, 6:30PM Clintonville Panera
June 14, Guild meeting at Old Worthington Library, 6:30PM
- Marah will collect her bee blocks
- Ohio State Fair entry discussion – ENTER BY JUNE 20 HERE
- Continued discussion of the how-to’s of QuiltCon registration with Cassandra (As of May 30th, the 2019 QuiltCon catalog is available at quiltcon.com/catalog-schedule)
July 12, Guild meeting at Old Worthington Library, 6:30PM
- Holiday in July!!! We’ve planned a great party, including some demos to kick off your holiday sewing:
- mug cozy pattern making demo with Kate;
- Wefty Needle demo with Lyssa;
- hanging towel demo with Jodi.
- Holiday (think Fall, Halloween, Hanukkah, Christmas, etc.) fat 1/8th fabric swap
- Lissa will collect her bee blocks, as well as the Placemat Challenge entries
July 15, Family Picnic, 11AM – 1PM , Jeffrey Park Pavilion, 165 N. Parkview Ave, Bexley
- Guild will provide main grilled items (burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments)
- Please bring a dish to share such as a salad, side, fruit, dessert, etc.)
- Bring your spouse, partner, family, kids, best friend, or who ever it is that you call family and come enjoy a summer afternoon with the Guild
- Paint your own barn quilt square!
- There is a playground next to the pavilion
July 25 to August 5, 2018, Ohio State Fair, quilted items are in Cardinal Hall B
-a link to all events, including our demo, below, is here
August 4, QuiltCon charity quilt cutting, Northside Library, 9:30AM
August 5, We are hosting a Quilt Block Designs demo at the Ohio State Fair, Cardinal Hall B, from 12 to 3 PM. This is free and family friendly!
August 3, 4, & 5, Dublin Irish Festival; We are currently seeking fundraising opportunities here, for future years’ fundraising.
August 9, Guild meeting, JoAnn, 1265 Polaris Parkway, 6:30PM
- Anne Marie Chany will present a lecture to the group
- Sonia will collect her bee blocks
- September Retreat Payment in Full is due by this meeting!
August 18, Hoop Quilts Workshop with Anne Marie Chany
- at the Northern Lights Library, 10AM to 5PM
- sign up with Nadia
- $45 per member, includes lunch. Cost is $35 without lunch.
September 13, Guild Meeting at Columbus Metropolitan Library, Karl Road, 6:30PM
- Attention to QuiltCon submission
- Ashley will collect her bee blocks
- Discuss quilt block and/or pattern design
- related giveaway prize
- graphing paper handouts to work on ideas with
September 15, Shop Hop, Fabric Shack, shopping and lunch, more details to come
September 28, 29, & 30 , Weekend Retreat! Check in Friday, Check out Sunday after lunch.
October 11, Guild Meeting, Columbus Metropolitan Library, Hilliard, 6:30PM
- My Three Things swap
- Presentation and demo focused on batting
- Introduce the call for fundraising quilt designs for 2019
- Cheri will collect her bee blocks
October 12/13 Shop Hop, save the date(s), tentative.
November 8, Guild Meeting, location TBD, 6:30PM
- 2019 Officer Elections Voting
- holiday card making activity
- Sign-ups for Secret Sisters gift exchange
- Erin will collect her bee blocks
- Vote on the fundraising quilt design for 2019
November 10, Charity Sew In, save the date – location and time TBD
November 17, Social Sew In, save the date – location and time TBD
December 13, Guild Meeting, location TBD, 6:30PM
- We may arrange to have a local quilt shop host this meeting
- Brigitte will collect her bee blocks
- Secret Sisters gift exchange
- year end party
3/9 Guild meeting (Old Worthington Library)
- raffle for dues payers
- Introduce Guild Color challenge
- Sewing Feud – heather game
3/11 Fun Sew in at Heathers
3/25 Charity Sew in at Dublin Library
4/13 Guild meeting (Old Worthington Library)
- Demo/discussion – Color theory done by Cassandra – tie in to color challenge
- Bring fabric of guild raffle quilt
4/25 Crafty social – Possible Paint your own pottery (to be confirmed)
5/11 Guild meeting
- Color challenge due. Raffle for participants in challenge
- Block drop of for fundraising quilt guilt
5/20 Sew in – Fundraising quilt
6/8 Guild Meeting
- Introduce swap between members due September
- Fat 8th fabric swap
- Demo – TBD
6/24 Social – Ohio History to look at quilts. Possible sewing time afterwards?
July – No meeting
7/15 shop hop – go to Ann Arbor? Possible two groups, one full day to Ann Arbor, one to more local place?
7/27 Social – Ohio state fair to see the quilts & dinner.
8/10 Guild meeting – Focus will be MGQ Charity quilt for Quilt Con
8/26 Sew in for MGQ Charity Quilt for Quilt Con
9/14 Guild Meeting
- Swap due – raffle for participants
- Introduce final challenge
- Finalize Fundraising quilt
10/12 Guild Meeting
- Musical fabric/ripped Fabric challenge
11/9 Guild meeting
- Challenge items due
- Officers Elections
12/14 Guild Meeting
- Holiday party, potluck
- handmade quilt block holiday cards
- Secret Sisters/Santa