A message from our Charity Chair, Lissa:
Hi, everyone! It’s almost time for our first Charity Sew-in of the year. Here are the details!
April 15th, 1-5pm at the Whitehall Library on East Main Street
We will be making placemats for Meals on Wheels. You can join me in a ‘quilt as you go, machine applique’ placemat, you can make one using a pattern of your own, come sew anything you want, or just come hang out with great company! I am planning a game or two, and there is a small pile of prizes to be given out, as well.
If you are planning on following along with me, here is what you need to bring:
· Strips of fabric between 1 – 3 inches wide;
· Contrasting fabric for applique;
· Matching thread for applique;
· Fabric for backing (we are making 10” x 14” placemats, bring a piece that is slightly larger);
· White thread for sewing on the label;
· General sewing supplies (you may want to include paper scissors).
The guild is providing batting and wonder under.
We need people to bring ironing boards, irons, and cutting mats, please.
I am also hosting a pet food drive with this sew in. The Pet Pantry at LifeCare Alliance provides pet needs to the Meals on Wheels clients. If you can bring an item from the list below, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please note: It is not mandatory to participate in this drive.
Dog and Cat food (wet or dry)
Toys Leashes Collars
Bowls Flea & Tick Treatment Stain and Odor Remover