February 13, 2020
Central Ohio Modern Quilt Guild Minutes
President Mara Light called the meeting to order at 6:33 pm at the Columbus Public Library, Hilliard Branch.
- Name Tag Swap: Participating members will receive a name of a member and will make that member a name-tag to wear at monthly meetings. Mara has the vinyl and clasp for the project. She will be matching up the participants and sending the members name. Name-tags are due in April.
- Color Challenge: Members who wish to participate are asked to bring a finished project of their choice to the March meeting, using the Kona color of the year (Mediterranean Enchanted) and Pantone’s color (Classic Blue).
- Sherry Lynn Wood has confirmed the invitation to provide a lecture and workshop June 26-27. Plans are in progress for both the Friday evening lecture and location as well as the workshop and its location. Sign-ups will be sent to members and open spots will be offered to non-members for an additional charge. Members motioned to approve the $1,600 to provide an advance for the speaker, it was seconded, and the motion was approved. More details as they become available.
- Mara announced that the charity quilt has been submitted to Quilt Con and will be displayed at the upcoming annual meeting in Austin, Texas.
- Sew in Saturday is February 15 at the Dublin Library. Members can work on project of their choice OR work on the Guild’s special charity project: to make bags for approximately 225 children with parents with Cancer, who will be attending camp this summer. Ages span from very young to teenagers. Members were given the website “Made Every Day” for the pattern which will take approximately 3 yards of fabric to make in addition to rope material which the guild will provide. Jenny is coordinating the project and will be glad to answer any questions.
- Mara announced that one of her personal goals for the year is to provide organizing ideas on the guild website. You can find the helpful information at #2020.
- Members will be receiving the next instructions for the mystery quilt for March. The next part of the project is due at the March meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 pm. The next meeting will be March 12th at the Main library downtown, 6 to 8:30pm.